Recreation in the Woolwich Area
Nequasset Park - Town owned swim park and public boat launch.
Directions - From Nequasset Brook off of Old Stage Rd, at the Bath water district off Nequasset Rd, or from George Wright Bridge off of US 1. Behind the town office.
- Park Ordinance
- Nequasset Lake - Bathymetric Map
- Open Water Rules:motorboats with greater than 10 H.P. prohibited;
- Ice Fishing: General Law, Open January 1, No vehicles allowed on the ice.
Hike, Bike and Riding Trails
- Merrymeeting Fields Woolwich Preserve
- Androscoggin River walk
- Hamilton Sanctuary
- Maine Trail Finder
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Trails in Maine (PDF)
Learn About Maine’s Parks
- Maine State Parks
- Baxter State Park
- Acadia National Park
- Maine Wildlife Park
- Swan Island, at the head of Merrymeeting Bay. Season runs from May 15 through Mid-October
Beach Walking sand beaches
check the tides before you go.
- Crescent Beach State Park - a classic saltwater beach.
- Ferry Beach State Park also offers pond, bog walk and forest walks, famed tupelo trees and a nature center.
- Fort Popham State Historic Site take in a beach walk and a fort visit.
- Reid State Park offers both sand beach and rocky shoreline.
- Scarborough Beach State Park a very popular swimming and sunning location.
- State Sponsored Public Boat Access Sites
- Maine Boating Laws and Rules
- Fishing Laws & Rules
- Licenses Information
Marine Resource Information by Species
Maine Municipal Shellfish Program
- Woolwich Wheelers
- Maine ATV Laws and Rules
- Commonly asked questions on ATV use